Wednesday 20 November 2013

 Q&A of the newest artist in town 
After a huge performance from Kristina Hale at the Dominion Theatre we get a chance to talk to her, as she walked through the curtains you’d expect someone all glamoured up in fancy costumes but not Kristina, she is only wearing skinny jeans with biker boots and a baggy jumper which is the total opposite of a performer.
From a small town in England (Dover), Kristina Hale has made it to the top with her new single ‘Bad Habits’.
  
Kristina Hale! That was such a great performance, How are you, so how do you feel about the response of your latest single ‘Bad Habits’?
Thank you so much and yes I’m fine thanks just a bit tired (laughs). Yeah about my latest single erm  I’m really happy about it and like I’m actually quite surprised they even liked my song, I thought people were gonna hate it but they didn’t which is a huge relief.
What do you mean you thought the people were going to hate it?
Well, I mean I thought they were gonna be like who the hell is this, where did she come from or she is just a wannabe popstar. To be honest I was really scared but now I’m really happy that it’s all gone fine and everyone seems to be enjoying my song, I just want people to enjoy the feel of music.
That’s nice, how is life different from when you were doing covers and preforming at pubs to now?
Well, first of all now that I perform at gigs and festivals there are more people and they actually sing along with me which I really enjoy. Like people have come up to me for a picture which is something that no one ever asked me. But apart from that it’s been a huge difference. But you know for me it’s not all about fame, I mean it’s nice and that but it’s just so much better when people love your music and enjoy the feel of it . For me it’s all about the music and the excitement you get when you listen to your favourite bands or artist.
That’s a different response I’ve heard for a long time, do you like to dress up for any of your performances?
Well, erm not really, I like to feel comfortable and wear whatever I feel like wearing. The reason for this may be because my dad always told me that I don’t have to follow the crowd and I just have to be myself.  My dad gives me lots of tips; he even performed with me at some of the pubs which boosted my courage.
Your dad must mean a lot to you then, so now that you have your new single out, are you still writing your own songs or is there going to be an album along with your latest single?
Yes he is (laughs). Yeah I still write my own songs as it is way I can release my feelings, if you get what I mean. For all my fans that are going to read this soon there will be an album that will feature my single and there will be an extra surprise.


Will the ‘extra surprise’ be released soon?
Yes, it will all be revealed after my new album comes out. After such a huge response I got from my first single I can’t imagine what will happen next, I just want people to get more into the feel of music and not just think the music industry is a competition. 
 What can you tell us about your upcoming album?
Well there are different kinds of textures, but still with the roots of the first single. Rather than being a normal solo artist and just playing guitars in a room, I have as well as my producers have built the tracks up and added more layers. We wanted to make it more of a future-sounding record. I use the guitar all the time and it’s the main sound you can hear in my upcoming album.
What do you think about claims that guitar pop is dead?
"I think the more that you say that the more it becomes true. There hasn't been that many brilliant records, but you've still had some really good, big records by bands and solo artist in the past year. I just think that tastes are leaning towards urban music and stuff like that, but it's always a cycle, isn't it? Maybe it's because there aren't that many new guitar bands or artist. It seems like less people are picking up instruments and playing."







No comments:

Post a Comment